Tuesday 29 September 2009

No dragons but.....



'Trapped' at head office today in Devizes, but coming back from the car mid morning I disturbed a Hummingbird Hawkmoth which was nectaring on a clump of Valerian by the office wall. It flew up just above the first floor window level and proceeded to sunbathe. Luckily I had my camera with me and got some distant [even for my zoom!] shots. Some interested colleagues saw it too. Unfortunately it flew off before giving the opportunity for in-flight feeding shots. Amazingly this is my first sighting this year! No repeat of the fly-by Southern Hawker there a couple of weeks ago.

2 comments:

  1. I found you through Randy Emmetts'blog, I enjoyed my visit very much as I am a fellow Odonata lover. I have barely posted my dragons of 2009,as I haven't posted this past summer, I intend do this throughout the winter months. You have so many wonderful captures here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi spookydragonfly, glad you found my blog and are enjoying it. Still a little activity [as you'll see on my next post] but slowing down rapidly towards winter.
    Thanks very much for your interest.

    ReplyDelete